We Hold Over 60 Different Meetings Each Year
View Our Meeting Calendar and Events Page
Visitors and Guests are welcome at all meetings.
Check the News Flash on the right side of most pages or our Events page for upcoming events in the area. Our meetings include:
- General Meetings - Nine monthly meetings with a special speaker held in the evening September through May (These meetings are not held in the summer months.)
- Daytime Meetings - Six bi-monthly meetings with a special speaker held in odd numbered months: January, March, May, etc.
- Multiple Special Interest Groups - These are moderated open discussions held several times during the month on topics like using computers in genealogy, help for Family Tree Maker and RootsMagic, plus groups interested in Irish research and other specific areas. Check our Calendar below for details.
- Board of Director Meetings - Our board meets monthly except for December. Others are welcome.
- Dinner Get Together generally held the 2nd Thursday evening in July.
- Various Training Classes and Workshops We hold classes throughout the year. These are on Family Tree Maker, RootsMagic and other topics. These will be announced on the Events page.
- Annual workshop or seminar to be announced on the Events page. (Last year we held two seminars with nationally recognized speakers.)
Our General and Daytime meetings feature a speaker covering topics of interest to genealogy and local history researchers. We also have an informal discussion session 30 minutes before each General meeting where members can share or ask questions. You can find out more about our regularly scheduled meetings in our calendar below, in the News Flash on the right or on Our Meetings page. Also check out our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Member's Only Features
We have a number of features online that are available to our members only. This provides our members special website access to presentations and handouts from meetings (when speakers make them available), online copies of recent editions of our quarterly journal Buried Treasure and our newsletter Treasure Chest News. (Older copies of Buried Treasure are available to all visitors.) Members must be in good standing and registered on the website to access these features. We also have a Facebook Group where you can share and ask questions. Cost of membership is only $20 annually and includes access these special features.