THE CENTRAL FLORIDA GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY, Inc. is a non-profit society consisting of genealogists located in the Orlando Florida area. We are dedicated to serving other genealogists from the Central Florida area and those with ancestors in our area.
We Hold Over 30 Meetings Each Year
View Our Calendar of Events
Check the News Flash on the right side of most pages or our Events page for upcoming events in the area. Our meetings include:
- General Meetings - Nine monthly meetings with a special speaker held in the evening September through May (These meetings are not held in the summer months.)
- Daytime Meetings - Six bi-monthly meetings with a special speaker held in odd numbered months: January, March, May, etc.
- Family Tree Maker Interest Group - Twelve moderated open discussions held monthly.
- Genealogy Computer Interest Group - Six bi-monthly moderated open discussions held in even numbered months: February, April, June, etc.
- Board of Director Meetings - Our board meets monthly except for December. Others are welcome.
- Dinner Get Together is held, generally in July.
- Various Training Classes and Workshops - We hold classes throughout the year. These will be announced on the Events page.
- Annual workshop or seminar to be announced on the Events page. (Last year we held two seminars with nationally recognized speakers.)
General and daytime meetings feature a speaker covering topics of interest to genealogy and local history researchers. We also have an informal discussion sessions 30 minutes before each General meeting where members can share or ask questions. You can find out more about our regularly scheduled meetings in our calendar below, in the News Flash on the right or on Our Meetings page. Also check out our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Visitors and Guests are welcome at all meetings.
Member's Only Features on Our Website
We have a number of features on this website that are available to our members only. The primary one is an online community that has a way for our members to communicate with each other and share their information, user forums, presentations and handouts from meetings (when made available) and a member's blog. We also provide members with online copies of recent editions of our quarterly journal Buried Treasure and our newsletter Treasure Chest News. (Older copies of Buried Treasure are available to all visitors.) Members must be in good standing and registered on the website to access these features. Cost of membership is only $20 annually to access these special features.
Our Calendar of Events is shown below. For your convenience, events at the Orange County Library's Genealogy Center are also shown. For upcoming special events, non-CFGS events like webinars or other breaking events, see our Events page. We will make every effort to keep this calendar up to date but Dates and Program Content Are Subject To Change.
The default view is Agenda with the upcoming events listed in chronological order. You can also view this by Month or Week by selecting the buttons. To learn more about any event including a map, click on the event.
For other events in Florida you should also check the Florida State Genealogical Society's Calendar and Dick Eastman's Calendar of Genealogy Events in Florida.