The Central Florida Genealogical Society, Inc.
is a non-profit society located in the Orlando Florida area that promotes family history research by providing education and research opportunities to its members and the public. We hold regular meetings in both Orange and in Seminole County, and have members living all over Central Florida and the United States. All of our meetings are free and open to anyone. We are also dedicated to aiding others living elsewhere who have ancestors from Central Florida. See our About Us page to learn more.
We conduct over 100 meetings each year!
All-day Genealogy Seminar with Steve Morse
We will be having an in-person all-day genealogy seminar on Saturday, April 9 from 10 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Click HERE to see the informational seminar flyer.
Visitors are welcome at all meetings.
Central Florida Genealogical Society meetings — Click on the green links below for more detailed information about our meetings:
- General Meetings – Are held at 7:30 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday, September through May. We have a speaker who talks on a topic of interest to genealogists.
- Daytime Meetings – Are held at the Seminole County Library in Casselberry on the 3rd Monday of every month year-round. We have speakers who talk on a topic of genealogical interest and also have a breakout session where small groups discuss various genealogy topics.
- Special Interest Group Meetings – We have five Special Interest Groups (SIGs). These are moderated open discussions or presentations which are held at different times throughout the month year-round: Family Tree Maker. Italian, Irish, and German research (meets Sept.-May only), and DNA as it relates to genealogy. Check our Calendar below for details.
- Board of Directors Meetings – Our board meets monthly via Zoom, except for December. Members are welcome to attend. Please email [email protected] to receive a Zoom link.
- Summer Potluck Dinner is held on the 2nd Tuesday in July.
- Various Training Classes and Workshops Beginner class are presented at least once a year. Check our calendar often.
- Annual workshop or seminar to be announced on the Events page.
All meetings, except for the Daytime meeting, meet at the Latter-day Saints Meetinghouse at 45 East Par Street in Orlando.
NO in-person meetings until further notice! All meetings are via Zoom.
Our General Meetings are on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, Sept. – May
Join our CFGS Facebook Group to ask questions and have discussions about researching and exploring your ancestors.