The Central Florida Genealogical Society, Inc.
is a non-profit society located in the Orlando Florida area that promotes family history research by providing education and research opportunities to its members and the public. Central Florida is comprised of nine counties. We hold regular meetings in both Orange and in Seminole County, and have members living all over Central Florida and the United States. All of our meetings are free and open to anyone. We are also dedicated to aiding others living elsewhere who have ancestors from Central Florida. See our About Us page to learn more.
SPECIAL EVENT SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 10 a.m.
Mark Olsen, Family Tree Maker Ambassador, will be at the West Oaks Genealogy Center, 821 E Silver Star Road, Ocoee, Florida 34761, for their Family History Fair. Mark will be talking about FTM, Charting Companion, and Family Book Creator. Charting companion is a FANTASTIC program that can be used with several different genealogy software programs in addition to online trees such as Ancestry. Also, he will discuss Family Book Creator, a WONDERFUL program which makes creating a book on your family quick and easy!
At this event they will be offering GREAT discounts on software: FTM, Charting Companion, and Family Book Creator.
NO charge to attend. Please join us this Saturday.
We conduct 113 meetings each year!
Visitors are welcome at all meetings.
Central Florida Genealogical Society meetings — Click on the green links below for more detailed information about our meetings:
- General Meetings – Are held at 7:30 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday from September through May. We have a speaker who talks on a topic of interest to genealogists.
- Daytime Meetings – Are held at the Seminole County Library in Casselberry on the 3rd Monday of every month year-round. We have speakers who talk on a topic of genealogical interest and also have a breakout session where small groups discuss various genealogy topics.
- Special Interest Group Meetings – We have seven Special Interest Groups. These are moderated open discussions held during the month on the following topics: Family Tree Maker and RootsMagic software, England, Scottish, Irish and German research, and DNA as it relates to genealogy. Check our Calendar below for details.
- Board of Directors Meetings – Our board meets monthly except for December. Members are welcome to attend.
- Dinner Get Together is generally held the 2nd Tuesday evening in July.
- Various Training Classes and Workshops We conduct a beginner class at least once a year. We may hold classes on various topics throughout the year. Check our calendar often.
- Annual workshop or seminar to be announced on the Events page.
All meetings, except for the Daytime meeting, meet at the Latter-Day Saints Meetinghouse at 45 East Par Street in Orlando.
UPDATE! PLEASE NOTE:
Tuesday, February 12 at 7:30 p.m.
Topic: One Name Studies.
Speaker: Peter Bradish.
The German SIG meeting will be from 6:30-7:30 p.m. These meetings will all take place at the Latter-day Saints Meetinghouse at 45 East Par Street in Orlando.
Dues for the fiscal year are now due! You can either pay online using PayPal or give cash or check to Judy Weinberg or to Elaine Powell at any meeting. (If you paid dues after March 2018, your dues carry over until August of 2019.)
Starting on November 20, motorists on eastbound Interstate 4 (I-4) who wish to exit to either Par Street or Fairbanks Ave. will need to exit nearly 1.5 miles sooner. The shift combines Exits 85, 86, and 87 into one exit point.
Motorists exiting eastbound I-4 to Princeton Street, Par Street, or Fairbanks Ave. all must exit at a temporary ramp located just north of the Colonial Drive (State Road 50) interchange.
Please park in the rear of the church and enter through the back door.
Ask Questions and Share Info in our CFGS Facebook Group
Join our CFGS Facebook Group to ask questions and have discussions about researching and exploring your ancestors.