CFGS Genealogy Seminar — Saturday, April 21, 2018
Speaker: Dr. John Colletta. 10 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. This seminar is FREE for all CFGS members (must be a member by March 31, 2018). Flyer with more info and registration form is HERE. Please fill out and scan and send to email@example.com or email us your registration information. If you do not want a lunch, please let us know.
Pay for your $10 box lunch via PayPal by clicking on the Add to Cart button below.
The Central Florida Genealogical Society, Inc.
is a non-profit society located in the Orlando Florida area that promotes family history research by providing education and research opportunities to its members and the public. Central Florida is comprised of nine counties. We hold regular meetings in both Orange and in Seminole County, and have members living all over Central Florida and the United States. All of our meetings are free and open to anyone. We are also dedicated to aiding others living elsewhere who have ancestors from Central Florida. See our About Us page to learn more.
We conduct 89 meetings each year.
Visitors are welcome at all meetings.
Central Florida Genealogical Society meetings — Click on the green link for more detailed information about our meetings:
- General Meetings – Nine monthly meetings with a genealogy speaker held in the evening from September through May (These meetings are not held in the summer months.) A genealogy Q&A session is held before each general meeting.
- Daytime Meetings – Twelve monthly meetings held at the Seminole County Library in Casselberry. We have a speaker and also a breakout session where we discuss specific genealogy topics requested by attendees.
- Special Interest Group Meetings – These are moderated open discussions held several times during the month on the following topics: Family Tree Maker and RootsMagic software, Irish and German research, and DNA as it relates to genealogy. Check our Calendar below for details.
- Board of Directors Meetings – Our board meets monthly except for December. Members are welcome to attend.
- Dinner Get Together generally held the 2nd Tuesday evening in July.
- Various Training Classes and Workshops We hold classes throughout the year. These are on Family Tree Maker, RootsMagic and other topics. These will be announced on the Events page.
- Annual workshop or seminar to be announced on the Events page.
All meetings except for the Daytime meeting, meet at the LDS Meetinghouse at 45 East Par Street in Orlando.
The next General Meeting is on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. The German SIG meeting will start at 6:30 p.m. These meetings will all take place at the LDS Meetinghouse at 45 East Par Street in Orlando.
Please park in the rear of the church and enter through the back door.
Note that the Par Street exit is now only 1/4 mile after the Princeton Street exit.
Ask Questions and Share Info in our CFGS Facebook Group
Join our CFGS Facebook Group to ask questions and have discussions about researching and exploring your ancestors.