April 13, 2021 program handout by Janeen Bjork “It’s Time to Write a Book” is here.
All-day Genealogy Seminar, Saturday, April 10, 2021
Speaker: Annette Burke Lyttle
9:30-10:30 – Finding and Using Digitized Manuscript Collections
10:45-11:45 – Bounty Land: It’s Complicated
Join Zoom Meeting any time.
Meeting ID: 883 1883 8836
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,88318838836#,,,,*670607# US (New York)
+13017158592,,88318838836#,,,,*670607# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 883 1883 8836
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbsPKw7UW
You may come and go as you like throughout the day.
No pre-registration necessary. No charge to attend.
The Central Florida Genealogical Society, Inc.
is a non-profit society located in the Orlando Florida area that promotes family history research by providing education and research opportunities to its members and the public. We hold regular meetings in both Orange and in Seminole County, and have members living all over Central Florida and the United States. All of our meetings are free and open to anyone. We are also dedicated to aiding others living elsewhere who have ancestors from Central Florida. See our About Us page to learn more.
We conduct 113 meetings each year!
Visitors are welcome at all meetings.
Central Florida Genealogical Society meetings — Click on the green links below for more detailed information about our meetings:
- General Meetings – Are held at 7:30 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday from September through May. We have a speaker who talks on a topic of interest to genealogists.
- Daytime Meetings – Are held at the Seminole County Library in Casselberry on the 3rd Monday of every month year-round. We have speakers who talk on a topic of genealogical interest and also have a breakout session where small groups discuss various genealogy topics.
- Special Interest Group Meetings – We have seven Special Interest Groups. These are moderated open discussions or presentations which are held during the month on the following topics: Family Tree Maker and RootsMagic software, England, Scottish, Italian, Irish, and German research, and DNA as it relates to genealogy. Check our Calendar below for details.
- Board of Directors Meetings – Our board meets monthly except for December. Members are welcome to attend.
- Summer Potluck Dinner is held on the 2nd Tuesday in July.
- Various Training Classes and Workshops Beginner class are preented at least once a year. We may hold classes on various topics throughout the year. Check our calendar often.
- Annual workshop or seminar to be announced on the Events page.
All meetings, except for the Daytime meeting, meet at the Latter-day Saints Meetinghouse at 45 East Par Street in Orlando.
NO in-person meetings until further notice!
Our General Meetings are on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, Sept. – May
Join our CFGS Facebook Group to ask questions and have discussions about researching and exploring your ancestors.