The Central Florida Genealogical Society, Inc.
is a non-profit society located in the Orlando Florida area that promotes family history research by providing education and research opportunities to its members and the public. Central Florida is comprised of nine counties. We hold regular meetings in both Orange and in Seminole County, and have members living all over Central Florida and the United States. All of our meetings are free and open to anyone. We are also dedicated to aiding others living elsewhere who have ancestors from Central Florida. See our About Us page to learn more.
We conduct 113 meetings each year!
Visitors are welcome at all meetings.
Central Florida Genealogical Society meetings — Click on the green links below for more detailed information about our meetings:
- General Meetings – Are held at 7:30 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday from September through May. We have a speaker who talks on a topic of interest to genealogists.
- Daytime Meetings – Are held at the Seminole County Library in Casselberry on the 3rd Monday of every month year-round. We have speakers who talk on a topic of genealogical interest and also have a breakout session where small groups discuss various genealogy topics.
- Special Interest Group Meetings – We have seven Special Interest Groups. These are moderated open discussions held during the month on the following topics: Family Tree Maker and RootsMagic software, England, Scottish, Irish and German research, and DNA as it relates to genealogy. Check our Calendar below for details.
- Board of Directors Meetings – Our board meets monthly except for December. Members are welcome to attend.
- Dinner Get Together is generally held the 2nd Tuesday evening in July.
- Various Training Classes and Workshops We conduct a beginner class at least once a year. We may hold classes on various topics throughout the year. Check our calendar often.
- Annual workshop or seminar to be announced on the Events page.
All meetings, except for the Daytime meeting, meet at the Latter-Day Saints Meetinghouse at 45 East Par Street in Orlando.
UPDATE! PLEASE NOTE:
November 13th , 2018
at 7:30 p.m.
Dues for the fiscal year are now due! You can either pay online using PayPal or give cash or check to Judy Weinberg or to Elaine Powell at any meeting. (If you paid dues after March 2018, your dues carry over until August of 2019.)
The eastbound I-4 exit ramp to Fairbanks Ave. (Exit 87) has shifted nearly two miles sooner, and combined with the exit ramp to Par St. Please see details on the map. In addition, when you are traveling eastbound and you exit I-4, get in the FAR right lane, otherwise you will get back
Please park in the rear of the church and enter through the back door.
Ask Questions and Share Info in our CFGS Facebook Group
Join our CFGS Facebook Group to ask questions and have discussions about researching and exploring your ancestors.