Dues are now due!
The Central Florida Genealogical Society, Inc.
is a non-profit society located in the Orlando Florida area that promotes family history research by providing education and research opportunities to its members and the public. Central Florida is comprised of nine counties. We hold regular meetings in both Orange and in Seminole County, and have members living all over Central Florida and the United States. All of our meetings are free and open to anyone. We are also dedicated to aiding others living elsewhere who have ancestors from Central Florida. See our About Us page to learn more.
We conduct 113 meetings each year!
Visitors are welcome at all meetings.
Central Florida Genealogical Society meetings — Click on the green links below for more detailed information about our meetings:
- General Meetings – Are held at 7:30 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday from September through May. We have a speaker who talks on a topic of interest to genealogists.
- Daytime Meetings – Are held at the Seminole County Library in Casselberry on the 3rd Monday of every month year-round. We have speakers who talk on a topic of genealogical interest and also have a breakout session where small groups discuss various genealogy topics.
- Special Interest Group Meetings – We have eight Special Interest Groups. These are moderated open discussions or presentations which are held during the month on the following topics: Family Tree Maker and RootsMagic software, England, Scottish, Italian, Irish, and German research, and DNA as it relates to genealogy. Check our Calendar below for details.
- Board of Directors Meetings – Our board meets monthly except for December. Members are welcome to attend.
- Summer Potluck Dinner is held on the 2nd Tuesday in July.
- Various Training Classes and Workshops Beginner class are preented at least once a year. We may hold classes on various topics throughout the year. Check our calendar often.
- Annual workshop or seminar to be announced on the Events page.
All meetings, except for the Daytime meeting, meet at the Latter-day Saints Meetinghouse at 45 East Par Street in Orlando.
UPDATE! PLEASE NOTE:
The German SIG will meet from 6:30-7:30 p.m. and before the general meetings September – May.
Please park in the rear of the church and enter through the back door.
Join our CFGS Facebook Group to ask questions and have discussions about researching and exploring your ancestors.