Owner: Trustees of the Drawdy-Rouse Cemetery
Operator: Bill Rouse
Property Address: 4050 Rouse Road, Orlando, FL 32817
Directions: Go east on University Blvd. from 436 to Rouse Road. Go north on Rouse Road about one mile. It's on the west side of Rouse Road. Tax Exempt (04 22 31 0000 00006 - N 250' of E 348.25' of SW ¼ of NW ¼ and S 250' of E 348.5' of NW ¼ of NW ¼)
Coordinates: Latitude: 28.60835, Longitude: -81. 22452
Number of Named Graves (in survey): 482
Number of Unnamed Graves (in survey): 53 graves marked with illegible funeral markers or blank stones.
Oldest Date of Death on a Tombstone: 1862
Original Information: Go east on University Blvd. from 436 to Rouse Road. Go north on Rouse Road about one mile. It's on the west side of Rouse Road. Tax Exempt(04 22 31 0000 00006 - N 250' of E 348.25' of SW ¼ of NW ¼ and S 250' of E 348.5' of NW ¼ of NW ¼)
2014 Notes:: The cemetery is located in north central Orange County, north of Union Park, about 1/8 mile from the Seminole County line. It is on Rouse Road between McCulloch Rd to the north and University Blvd to the South. From Orlando, travel east on E Colonial Dr (SR-50). After passing through Union Park, turn left (north) onto Rouse Road. Continue on Rouse Road and cross University Blvd. About 3/4 mile past University Blvd, Drawdy-Rouse cemetery will be on the left.
The Drawdy-Rouse Cemetery is a non-profit corporation called Drawdy-Rouse Family Cemetery, Inc. The cemetery is active and is accepting new burials. The address for the cemetery is 4050 Rouse Road, Orlando, FL 32817. There is parking along Rouse Road or just inside the gates of the cemetery.
A portion of the land where the Drawdy-Rouse Cemetery stands was originally 160 acres of land that was homesteaded in 1862 by the Drawdy family, made possible by the Homestead Act of 1862. In 1871 the Drawdy family set aside two acres of land for a family cemetery. Local pioneers were invited to be buried in the Drawdy family cemetery.
In 1927 the Rouse family bought an equal amount of land, to the south side, which adjoined the Drawdy cemetery site. In 1986 the two cemeteries merged, for a total of four acres of cemetery.
There are 763 interments in the Drawdy Rouse cemetery. There are 53 graves that were marked with illegible funeral markers or blank stones.